If you find it difficult to isolate lashes horizontally, working your way through vertically first can be helpful. This technique is especially helpful when working with volume lash extensions. You can do this by separating one layer of lashes at a time with the help of taping.
How to isolate and apply lashes in layers:
- Prepare a strip of tape longer than the width of the client’s eye. Attach one more layer of tape facing towards the adhesive part so that the tape doesn’t pull on the lashes. Tape is used to hold the lashes, not to pull or attach.If your client has very short lashes, leave a bit of the adhesive exposed so that it can pull up the short lashes (like in the picture below).
- Hold up the lashes with the tape.
- Using tweezers, release one layer of natural lashes from the taped area.
- Apply lash extensions to the released natural lashes.
- Once you finish applying extensions to a layer, take out a new layer of lashes from the taped area.
- Repeat this until you have placed all of the extensions on all the layers of lashes.