- Great for sensitive clients. Do a patch test before using on clients that have experienced an allergic reaction to cyanoacrylate in the past.
- 5g / Clear-Black colour
- 1-2 sec. setting time if used with humidity between 60%-75%
- Great retention
- Medium Viscosity
- 80% surgical adhesive
- Safest, no HQ or Formaldehyde
- Complies with EU Cosmetic regulation
- Patented product
- Classic Lashes
- Lower Lashes
- Flat Lashes
- Volume Lashes
- Ideal Room Humidity: 45% - 60%
- High Humidity Compatible: 60% - 75%
- Room Temperature: 18°C - 24°C
- Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced
BioBond Adhesive is a strong low fume sensitive eyelash extension glue for all semi-permanent individual eyelash extension applications including Russian volume lashes - a rare find on market.
What make BioLash Adhesive different？
The formula for BioBond Adhesive is based on the latest technological developments to come out of the field of wound-closure. When compared with traditional suturing techniques, studies have found that the use of n-Butyl Cyanoacrylate is a much safer and more functional alternative, not only in terms of time required to close a wound but also in improving the cosmetic appearance of the wound while greatly reducing the chance of infection. Such findings lead the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to approve the use of n-Butyl Cyanoacrylate (Dermabond) as a suitable surgical adhesive as far back as 1998.
The formula for BioBond Adhesive is based heavily on this Dermabond technology, but with only a few minor scientific adaptations, it has been tailored for use in applying for eyelash extensions. Containing more than 80% n-Butyl Cyanoacrylate, BioLash Adhesive is very safe to use while maintaining a gentleness that makes it the perfect choice for those who are prone to allergic reactions. The implied health benefits to the customer are obvious, but this also offers protection for the lash artists who can occasionally develop an allergy through extended exposure to normal glues and their fumes. This means that BioBond Adhesive boasts an overall superior hold with unrivalled durability, while still providing a very safe, cost-effective alternative to its closest competitors.
BioBond Adhesive’s inherent bacteriostatic properties also prevent bacteria from growing, thereby lowering the risk of any eye infection. BioLash Adhesive has passed EU Cosmetic regulation EC1223/2009 safety tests, nor does it contain HQ or Formaldehyde, making it the ultimate adhesive for the application of eyelash extensions. The formula of BioLash Adhesive is patented.
- Oil resistant
- Heat resistant
- Compliant with REACH regulations
- Complies with EU Cosmetic regulation EC1223/2009
- For professional use only
- A patch test should be carried out at least 24 hours before application
- Technicians should be fully trained and insured
- Not suitable for beginners
- Keep out of reach of children
Glue Storage Tips
- Always shake your adhesive before use to ensure the ingredients are mixed properly. BioBond contains carbon black which requires a good shake. Use a glue shaker to get a perfect consistency!
- Be sure to always use a Lash Savvy Cleanser to wipe away any excess adhesive then keep the cap on securely. Replace the cap if dry glue builds up.
- Keep your adhesive moisture-free with an airtight jar which adapts to every humidity level and extends your glue shelf life. Using the silica gel pack provided for extra moisture control.
- If you’re not planning on using the glue right away, adhesives can be stored in the freezer to extend the shelf life up to 12 months. Once ready to use, bring to room temperature for a minimum of 24 hours before application.
- Once opened, keep the adhesive in a sealed container in a cool, dry place between use. Recommended to replace 2 months after opening depending on how often the bottle has been used.
The application process for Classic Lashing with BioBOND Sensitive Eyelash Extension Adhesive is very similar to that of a normal strong adhesive with a medium viscosity. Push the lash into the BioBOND Sensitive Eyelash Extension glue drop, slowly lifting the lash out of the adhesive. To ensure a quick, but secure adhesion, there should be two tiny glue beads on the root of the extension. Carefully stroke the glue beads onto the natural lash several times to transfer the glue and adjust the extension into the ideal position. Making sure to separate all lashes from any stickies that are present and cure by using a mister before the client leaves.
The lower lashes are extremely delicate and therefore require less glue for proper adhesion. The ideal technique is to slowly draw the lash sideways out of the glue drop, leaving a thin, even coating of adhesive on the extension; there should be no bulbs at all. Wipe any minimal excess onto a jade stone and you will end up with the perfect amount for a fast and strong adhesion.
The texture of BioBOND glue is slightly thick, and the curing time relatively slow for normal volume lashing if the humidity level is lower than 60%, meaning you will need to use special technique to securely apply volume lashes: push the root of the volume lash fan into BioBOND Sensitive Eyelash Extension glue, then slowly draw the root out. Stroke several times on a jade stone to remove any excess glue, leaving only a thin coat. Wait for 2-3 seconds, allowing the glue to cure slightly in the air before applying the volume lash fan onto the natural lash. This will mean a slightly longer application time, but for clients with sensitive eyes, this is the only adhesive available to allow them to have volume lashes.